Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Warm Wintertime Simple #CleanEats with loads of FLAVOR!
Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece whole ginger, peeled and grated, about 1.5 heaping TBSP minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. each sea salt and black pepper
- 15-ounce organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk, canned variety
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
Lightly spray the inside of your slow cooker with coconut oil, or olive oil. Stir in the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, seasonings, sea salt and pepper.
Add in the tomato sauce and coconut milk. Gently stir to combine.
Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on HIGH or 8-9 hours on LOW.
Serve over cooked brown rice with fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top. I like to roast up a bunch of broccoli to serve alongside this meal as well.