Southwest Style Pumpkin Power Bowls
Getting into the holiday spirit + staying healthy! #GOALS Pumpkin is totally PACKED with nutrition!
Enjoy some while in-season!Makes 1 serving/bowl
- 1/4 medium sugar pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning (or a southwest flavor seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 cups packed mixed baby lettuce leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup organic corn
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp raw or roasted pumpkin seeds, pepitas
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Chili flakes for garnish
Honey Lime Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 small fresh garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
Preheat a skillet over med-hi heat. Once hot, add oil, pumpkin slices, and adobo seasoning.
Saute until tender, about 10-12 minutes – flipping as needed.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients.
To assemble the bowl, add lettuce as a base, then top with pumpkin, black beans, corn, onion, avocado, and pumpkin seeds.
Dress with honey lime dressing and garnish with cilantro, then gently toss to combine.