Spicy Stir-Fried Cabbage Side Dish
One of my FAVORITE wintertime Side-Dishes! Even the kids like it!Makes about 4-6 servings (as a side dish)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsps coconut aminos, or liquid aminos
- juice from 2 fresh limes
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 large green cabbage or 2 small (I used savoy cabbage), quartered, cored and cut crosswise into 1/8-inch shreds
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley leaves chopped
- lime wedges and, toasted sesame seeds, chili slices to garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for a few seconds, just until fragrant, then add the cabbage and carrots.
Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt, then add the coconut aminos and lime juice.
Cover and cook over high heat for a 2 more minutes until just wilted.
Uncover and stir-fry for another minute, then stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat. The cabbage should be cooked until it’s just crisp-tender.