Fresh Summertime Zucchini Caprese
A taste of Summer! And, yes, zucchini can be eaten raw…it’s REALLY good in this salad, too! Makes 2 servings
- 1.5 cups of fresh, medium red tomatoes on the vine, cut into quarters
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium, fresh crisp zucchini, shaved into ribbons, I use a mandolin or spiralizer (Cleanfoodcrush.com/Spiralizer )
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls, drained
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps high quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, or a handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to your taste
Arrange all the vegetables and cheese on a serving dish, sprinkle over dried basil, the sea salt and black pepper.
Pour over oil and vinegar, then toss gently to combine.