Jump to recipe
Turkey Meatballs + Slurpy Zucchini Noodles
This tasty-satisfying dish comes together pretty quick, making it perfect for weeknights! Use those zucchini while they are in season!Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 3 cups fresh marinara sauce (either homemade, or glass jarred store bought – look for minimal
- ingredients, and low sugar content)
- 4 medium fresh zucchini, spiralized into zoodles (cleanfoodcrush.com/spiralizer)
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh parmesan
In a large bowl combine well: ground turkey, onion, oregano, basil and garlic powder.
Season with sea salt and pepper, then roll into Tablespoon sized meatballs (makes approximately 16-18 balls).
In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Cook the meatballs for 6 to 7 minutes, browning on all sides.
Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly reduced and heated through.
Add the zoodles, and gently toss to coat.
Place meatballs and zoodles into bowls, top with parmesan and serve immediately.