Massaged Kale + Fresh Berry Salad with Citrusy Vinaigrette
Many people dislike kale, mainly because we were unsure how to properly prepare it for actual FLAVOR ENJOYMENT. Sooo…HOW do we LOVE to eat this nutritional powerhouse?Makes 3 servings
- 1 large bunches curly kale, de-stemmed and torn or chopped into pieces, about 6 cups
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups of prepared, ‘massaged’ kale leaves
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 3/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
Homemade Citrusy Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp eash, sea salt and white pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To Prep Kale:
Add the kale to a large glass bowl along with the salt and lemon juice.
‘Massage’ (think of the motion used to rub someone’s shoulders…get your hands in there!) kale for 4 minutes, or until leaves are sweet and tender.
Add the olive oil and give one more quick ‘massage.”
For the Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
To a large bowl add ‘massaged’ kale and pour over the dressing. Toss well to combine and soften the leaves.
Add in the strawberries, blueberries, onions, and walnuts.