Coconut Creamed Corn
A NEW HOLIDAY Creamed Corn recipe that rivals the old-fashioned family traditional creamy corn!
This is a dairy-free version of the creamed corn classic that ABSOLUTELY fulfills all of our holiday table buffet requirements!
Rich and comforting, using all of the very best ingredients…kind of like a warm hug, which is exactly what we need right now!Oh ya, this entire dish comes together in just over 20 minutes. (winner!)
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
I used the frozen organic corn that we buy at Costco.
Not only is it very economical, but it helps this recipe come together even quicker, which is important when we’re making many dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas entertaining.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 large ears of fresh local corn, OR 3 cups frozen organic corn
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (15oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder, to thicken the sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste