Jump to recipe
Creamy Apple + Pear Salad 🍎🍐🍎🍐
It’s the season for fresh crisp apples and pears.
We love to support local orchards and farms by purchasing from their beautiful bounty throughout the fall. This means we often have A LOT of apples and if we’re lucky pears.
We eat them fresh as fast as we possibly can, add them to recipes, dry them in my food dehydrator, and of course come up with new recipes each year to keep things interesting!
This recipe is a combination I threw together one afternoon and it’s a keeper! Lots of complimentary sweet and savory flavors combined with creamy and crunchy textures happening here.
It definitely works and it’s delicious!
🍋 ALWAYS use freshly-squeezed lemon juice from an actual fresh lemon. Bottled lemon juice from the store will give your salad a strange metallic or overly acidic taste. We want this to taste bright and fresh.
Here’s our Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
For the salad:
- 2 medium Pink Lady apples
- 1 medium green apple
- 2 Comice or Seckel pears
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 4 ribs celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled