Creamy + Skinny Tuscan Soup
Soups on, folks! Yep. Seems like we were just basking in the sun, now we need a jacket during the day, and frost covers the ground at night here in Salt Lake City, Utah!
Truth be told this is my very most favorite time of year.
I love having more family time in the kitchen, cooking together, and playing card games by the fire in the evenings.
Life just feels simple and comforting in the Fall, and many of our evening meals become one-pot soup recipes because I find soup to be one of THE VERY MOST economical, warming, EASY, and nutritious ways to feed our big family (especially during our colder months).
We’re subbing the traditional white potatoes for cauliflower, and turkey meat for sausage, in this twist on the classic.
Flavor is NOT compromised here.
This is SO SO hearty and DELICIOUS!
If you’re a total cauliflower lover like me, then I KNOW you’re going to be making and LOVING this filling + satisfying + highly nutritious soup throughout the upcoming colder months.
Kale could totally be used in place of the spinach for another variation of this soup.
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Double this recipe because it’s EVEN BETTER heated up the next day for lunch!Makes about 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs. ground chicken or turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced small
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken bone stock, or broth
- 2 cups milk of choice, I love using unsweetened cashew milk, or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled, as topping; optional