Warm up with this Wildly Nutritious, Simple, Crockpot meal!
Makes about 6-8 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 cups bone broth, or water
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1.5 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, and minced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced
Optional Topping Ideas:
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add the sweet potato, chickpeas, onion, ginger, coriander, garlic, thyme, and quinoa.
- Pour in 8 cups of broth, then cook, covered, until the sweet potato is tender, about 2.5 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- In a medium bowl, mash half the Cannellini beans with a fork until fairly smooth.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- If the slow cooker is on low, turn it to high and stir in the beans (mashed + half unmashed), diced apricots, and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with chopped pistachios and green onion.