Crockpot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
#FoodPrepWin You know those meals that taste, and smell AMAZING…but don’t really look too pretty…lol…this is one of them!
Please, please try THIS! Your house will smell so #yum I doubled it, so that I would have a few meals for later in the week. Tastes even better the next day.Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 15 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced/cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz coconut milk
- 15 oz organic tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to your taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- a small bunch of fresh chopped cilantro, or parsley leaves
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Add chicken, cubed squash pieces, chickpeas, onion, pepper bell, garlic, and seasonings into your crockpot.
Pour in the coconut milk and tomato sauce. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir ingredients together.
Cover + cook on Low for 7-8 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
Serve over rice and with plenty of fresh cilantro/parsley.