Crockpot Orange Sesame Shredded Chicken
Happy New Week! Here is a super tasty recipe to make your week easier, and brighter!
I LOVE the citrus flavors, and the simplicity of the crock pot for busy work days.
This will be in our weekly rotation all Summer long! Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsps. Braggs liquid amino, reduced-sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper, or fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- lots of crisp, fresh butter lettuce leaves to serve
In a small bowl whisk orange juice, broth, soy sauce/aminos, honey and minced garlic.
Season chicken with sea salt and pepper, then place it in your slow cooker.
Pour in the orange marinade.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours.
Once chicken is cooked through, shred with two forks.
Serve by placing spoonfuls of chicken into crisp leaves of lettuce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.