Jump to recipe
Crunchy Salad with Lemon-Ginger Dressing
Don’t let this shredded cabbage salad fool you into thinking it’s “REGULAR”….because it’s not!
This Asian Inspired Salad could convert most salad-goers over to eating cabbage EVERY SINGLE DAY.
It’s the lemon ginger dressing that’s the star of this show…but all great dressings require a crunchy, interesting delivery method that complements perfectly AKA = vegetables.
Cabbage is an underrated vegetable in my opinion. It should be the highlight of many meals we prepare each week.
In terms of price per cup, a report by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) has shown cabbage to be the second most economical cooked vegetable in terms of price per edible cup especially when in season.
Most people don’t know what a total powerhouse of a food cabbage really is.
I’ve been eating it on the regular for the past 7 years…in soups, roasted, and occasionally raw in an AMAZING salad like this.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that increases the production of antioxidants and detoxification enzymes, and also stimulates the production of liver cleansing; it actually helps your liver break down toxins so they can be more easily expelled, and it also has diuretic properties help rid your body of excess liquid, carrying toxins along with it!
READ: Cabbage does many of the things we require to happen to stay healthy and/or lose weight!
Yes! Grab you some.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 large head green cabbage, chopped, or shredded thin
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, seeded, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
For your Lemon Ginger Dressing:
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh peeled, and minced ginger, or more to taste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp white pepper or to taste