Deconstructed Sushi Jars
We’re eating and ENJOYING these on repeat over here at CFC HQ.
I LOVE to pour my prepped jar into a big bowl at lunchtime and devour!
How awesome would it be to start your week KNOWING you have a delicious, healthy lunch prepared for the next few days!?!
Salad-Jars to the rescue!
And YES, we eat them cold, just like sushi.
OMG the salty, sweet, and sour flavors from the vinegar, honey, and aminos drizzled all over the crunchy cabbage is absolute perfection.
If you’re looking for something different to meal prep this week, give our shrimp sushi jars a GO!
➡️ Why glass canning jars for salads?
Because food stays fresher this way!
As long as you build it in the proper order (very important!) Then you’ll have tasty grab-n-go salads all week!
Makes 4 servings
- 4, 1 QT wide mouth glass jars
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, avocado oil, or sesame oil
- 1 lb, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 4 Tbsps coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsps white wine vinegar
- 4 tsps raw honey
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 large fresh carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 Tbsp sliced green onions
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds