Jump to recipe
Deconstructed Sushi Jars
We’re eating and ENJOYING these on repeat over here at CFC HQ.
I LOVE to pour my prepped jar into a big bowl at lunchtime and devour!
How awesome would it be to start your week KNOWING you have a delicious, healthy lunch prepared for the next few days!?!
Salad-Jars to the rescue!
And YES, we eat them cold, just like sushi.
OMG the salty, sweet, and sour flavors from the vinegar, honey, and aminos drizzled all over the crunchy cabbage is absolute perfection.
If you’re looking for something different to meal prep this week, give our shrimp sushi jars a GO!
➡️ Why glass canning jars for salads?
Because food stays fresher this way!
As long as you build it in the proper order (very important!) Then you’ll have tasty grab-n-go salads all week!
Makes 4 servings
- 4, 1 QT wide mouth glass jars
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, avocado oil, or sesame oil
- 1 lb, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 4 Tbsps coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsps white wine vinegar
- 4 tsps raw honey
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 large fresh carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 Tbsp sliced green onions
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Heat your oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add in your shrimp and sprinkle with ginger powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
Cook just until the shrimp turn pink and opaque, then set aside to cool.Divide cooked shrimp equally between 4 jars, then pour into each jar: 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos, vinegar and raw honey.
Top each equally with diced avocado, then squeeze fresh lemon juice over to keep it fresh and green.Next, continue to layer the remaining ingredients equally into each jar in the order as follows: red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, cooked rice, green onions and sesame seeds.Place your lids on, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Once ready to serve, just toss into a serving bowl and enjoy! ❤Rachel