Diane Lost 86 Pounds With CFC!
Hello, my name is Diane, I’m 56 years old and I live in Minnesota. I’m an International Trade Compliance Manager and have been working from home since March 2020. It’s a stressful job that keeps me in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day. My two cats and dog keep me company. I love to travel and ride my Harley-Davidson on cross-country trips.
On September 28, 2016 during one of those cross-country trips, I was hit from behind by a semi-truck while in NY. I suffered serious injuries and was air-lifted to a nearby trauma center. I spent two and a half months in the hospital before I was able to fly home. Although all of my broken bones and collapsed lung had healed, the serious tissue damage to my left leg still required significant care. While in NY I had surgery on my leg three days a week. When I got back to MN I went right back into the hospital for skin graft surgery.
Two years and 33 total surgeries later, I was able to start truly healing. Unfortunately, almost five years later, I still struggle with pain and have limited mobility. I’m able to walk my dog a couple of times a day but, we stroll at a fairly slow pace. Those walks are about the only exercise I get.
I’ve been overweight my entire life. A stressful divorce in 2012 and my accident in 2016 did not help. Over the years I’ve tried almost every diet plan out there. Everything worked for a while but ultimately, I’d get frustrated at the slow results or restrictions and give up. Giving up always resulted in me gaining back whatever I lost and more.
As a result of my accident, I lost lymph nodes in my leg which causes Lymphedema so my left foot and leg are constantly swollen. My doctor told me the extra weight I was carrying was not good for the Lymphedema. At the end of 2019, I got on the scale at my doctor’s office as was horrified at the number I saw. I was at my highest weight ever. I was uncomfortable, embarrassed, desperate and sad. When I discovered the Clean Food Crush 30-Day Challenge I figured I may as well give yet another diet plan a try. Worst case scenario it wouldn’t work and I’d be out a few dollars.
I joined the January 2, 2020 Challenge and it was the best decision I’ve ever made!
I lost 14.6 pounds during that 30 Day Challenge and was so excited I knew I needed to continue so; I became an annual member. The continued support of Rachel and her team, as well as all the other awesome people who were brave enough to give this clean eating lifestyle a try, has been incredibly helpful.
At the end of 2020, I was down 65.1 pounds. Today I’m halfway through my second year as an Annual Member and I’m now down 86 pounds!
I started this challenge with a BMI that fell in the “morbidly obese” category. I am now just two pounds away from being simply “overweight”! I never thought I’d be so excited to call myself overweight but it is a huge accomplishment! My Lymphedema doctor was shocked at my progress when I saw him last year. I can’t wait to see what he thinks now!
I think the most important thing that has helped me be successful is the change in mindset. I quickly learned this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. Diets are restrictive. We diet to hurry up and lose weight. That mentality kept me gaining weight over the years. Accepting that this process is not a race took a ton of pressure off me. I still have more weight to lose and I am in no hurry. Every little ounce adds up and as long as I keep up this lifestyle, the weight will continue to come off.
Besides remembering this is not a race, other tips I’d offer to new Challengers are:
- Only weigh yourself once a week. The scale will mess with your head if you are obsessed with constant weighing. Trust the process.
- Follow the plan as written as best you can during the detox week and you will be glad you did.
- Take before photos no matter how awful you think you look. I was horrified at my before photos but wow, they are so helpful in allowing me to see my progress!
- You don’t have to be perfect for this to work so don’t stress over every little detail. This is about progress, not perfection.
- Take the time to really read through all of the materials. There is a ton of information and it can feel overwhelming. Don’t stress. Read it as many times as you need to and ask questions of the group. We are all here to support each other.
- Go into this with a positive frame of mind. Be willing to try new things and go outside of your comfort zone. You can do this!!!
I’m so grateful to Rachel for creating this Challenge.
- I feel so much better about myself.
- I’m confident and happy.
- I have more energy.
- I no longer suffer from indigestion.
- I sleep better.
- My skin is better.
- And I’ve had to buy an entirely new wardrobe!
Take a chance and give this a try! You’ll be glad you did!