Jump to recipe
Spicy Chicken + Broccoli Stir-Fry
If you’re looking for flavorful SPICE…this recipe has definitely got you covered! OMYGosh!!! The FLAVORS happening here!!
So maybe, just maybe you want a little less spicy? Just leave out a few of the chilis…no biggie…my feelings won’t be hurt.
I grew up with a houseful of brothers who engaged in hot sauce eating competitions. I learned to like the heat!
Chinese dried red chili peppers are milder than Thai peppers available at the grocery stores and online.
Chinese chilies are really good because they are nice and plump, super flavorful, but not overly spicy.
I REALLY enjoy spicy, but the Thai ones were just too much for me. The spice cannot overpower the flavor…In my opinion…
If you’re cooking Chinese cuisine, then use Chinese peppers. If you are cooking Thai and feeling adventurous, perhaps you want to use the spicier Thai chili’s.Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large head broccoli, broken into florets (about 5-6 cups)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 Tbsps minced fresh (peeled) ginger, finely chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, both white and green parts
- 10 whole dried red chilies
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish