Easy 30-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
Easy and clean soup in 30 or less. This soup is like a WARM hug. Great for sick days and sleepy days!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half, sliced into half moons
- 1 green or red chili, sliced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 (about 1 pound) large chicken tenderloins
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 cups water, or chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed well
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped cilantro/parsley
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced jalapeño
- dollop of plain Greek yogurt
To a large Dutch or stockpot, add oil and heat on medium- low.
Add the onion, peppers, zucchini, jalapeños, etc. and cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
Once the chicken is cooked through, place it on a chopping board and shread it, then return it to the pot.
Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro/parsley and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Add garnishes of choice and enjoy warm!