Jump to recipe
Famous All-Natural Banana Pancake
Simplest pancake recipe! My kids love these, and that makes me so happy because they are an excellent combination of high quality protein + carbs/energy to fuel our day!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
- Cook on medium heat – these burn easily so keep an eye on them.
- Griddle needs to be hot when batter is added. They need to cook long and slow.
- Make sure the bananas are more on the green side. Helps keep the “batter” thicker.
- Also, make sure the pan is hot before adding the “batter”, so the first side solidifies faster.
- I have also discovered placing batter in the fridge overnight and reblending the next day, thickens it up nicely.
- If you still cannot get them to work, try a pinch of baking soda blended into the batter.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 whole egg + 4 whites
- 1 medium (NOT overripe) banana
- tiny dash of Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
Mix banana, egg + whites, cinnamon, and vanilla in blender just until smooth batter forms.
Pour by 1⁄4 cupfuls onto hot griddle sprayed with nonstick spray or wiped with unrefined coconut oil.