Easy Butternut Squash Skillet
This tangy, nutritious side dish comes together in about 20 minutes. Perfect for weeknight, food prep, or Thanksgiving dinner.
Butternut squash is extremely versatile and satisfying! Be sure to try this during the Fall when squash is plentiful and inexpensive.
Though technically a fruit since it contains seeds, butternut squash is a member of the gourd family.
For our CFC community and Challengers, we consider butternut squash a “good carb” meaning it’s super nutritious and our bodies use and require these “good” carbohydrates for energy.
Try a serving of squash instead of your typical brown rice, quinoa, or sweet potatoes.
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small/medium butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, sliced
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- green onions, finely chopped to garnish