Homemade BBQ Sauce
Tastes like BBQ sauce SHOULD without the corn syrup or crappy thickeners!
Hands down our FAVORITE sauce recipe!
I’d bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry right now, too!
I’m asked MULTIPLE times per week for a GOOD homemade BBQ sauce recipe, and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to share!
Add to shredded chicken, beef, or pork.
Or make Sloppy Joe’s with grass-fed ground beef or turkey.
Dip roasted vegetables into your homemade BBQ sauce…my favorite is roasted cauliflower!
Great on roasted chicken wings & thighs too! Makes about 2 cups, 2 Tablespoons is 1 serving
- 15 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow prepared mustard, or dijon mustard (use your favorite!)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup, or unsulphured molasses
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black or white pepper
Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
Bring to a nice simmer over medium-high heat.
Lower heat to LOW, and simmer while occasionally whisking for about 30 minutes.
Adjust flavor to your liking (salt/pepper/sweetness)
Allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.