Roasted BBQ Chicken
Got Weekend Plans? Now you do!!!
With a delicious homemade BBQ sauce combined with that crispy skin, this family FAVORITE recipe is finger-licking GREAT!
Our 6 teenagers LOVE BBQ Chicken…so we make this recipe often. The crispy roasting process + tangy sauce + moist chicken inside makes it a permanent family FAVORITE!
Roasted homemade BBQ Chicken Breasts are sure to be a go-to at your house as well!
I really prefer bone-in breasts or thighs for this recipe to keep the chicken moist.
Breasts take a bit longer to roast than thighs, so use a meat thermometer!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 8oz each)
- 1 large sweet onion, diced small
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups organic sugar-free tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp ground mustard, or dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt