Super Easy Homemade Refrigerator Pickles
There’s nothing quite like Fresh, Crisp Homemade Pickles!
If you’re a pickle lover like me, then you gotta try making your own this Summer!
I really like knowing what ingredients are actually going into my pickles, especially since the cucumbers soak up all of that stuff!
Conventional cucumbers are in the top 10 for high pesticides and are on the Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen” list, designed to help us quickly decide which produce should be purchased USDA organic.
I completely recommend that the cucumbers you buy be organic, or local garden grown for homemade pickle making if you’re able to find them.
Makes 3 jars of pickles
I used 3, 16-ounce / pint jars
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 6 springs fresh dill
- 15 medium cucumbers, rinsed, halved or quartered lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, peeled halved, the cut in quarters on lengthwise
To make the brine:
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 Tbsps kosher or sea salt