Easy Orange Chicken Skillet 🍊🌱🥢
Orange Chicken is one of the *MOST* requested meals currently, and throughout this past year by my teenagers. Once a week, someone is begging for it…Needless to say, I’ve had a lot of practice making this dish, and getting the flavors just right! 😅 You know…a little tiny kick but not too much (says the 13-year-old), perfectly sweetened, nice and orangy with a tiny lil’ bit of tang. Really fresh tasting too thanks to the orange zest.
It’s Gluten-free, quick to make, and really, really GOOD.
Feel free to add or take away ingredients at your house. For example, I LOVE spicy, so if I was making this just for myself, I’d add more chili peppers. Some like more or less garlic & ginger. It’s super customizable to your tastes.
➡️ Rachel’s Tips
The one thing I do recommend is using super fresh ingredients. Fresh oranges that you juice yourself. Fresh garlic, fresh ginger etc. Because there are only a few ingredients, it’s important they are all the freshest.
Orange Chicken is EXCELLENT for meal prep too! Just add your brown rice and steamed broccoli 🥦 Stays great in the fridge for 4 days.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup GF flour, or Arrowroot powder
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled, and grated
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsps fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- pinch red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- green onions, sliced
- lime & orange wedges
- cauliflower rice, brown rice, quinoa, and steamed broccoli