Brighten up your January! the colors on you plate will instantly brighten your mood, and have you daydreaming of Summer days! čî┤čŹŹ
- 4 (6 oz) chicken boneless skinless breast halves
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small avocados (ripe but semi-firm), diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium fresh mango, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place chicken on a cutting board, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound thicker parts of chicken to an even thickness. Transfer chicken to a resealable plastic bag.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together lime zest,lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic and season with 1 tsp.
- Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pour marinade mixture over chicken in the bag. Seal the bag, then rub marinade over chicken. Allow to rest in refrigerator 2 – 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates lightly with oil then grill the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until it’s fully cooked through. Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes covered with foil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl toss together avocado, mango, tomato, onion, garlic and lime and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a generous amount over chicken and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, cilantro, or mint.
It’s easy to eat clean with meal ideas like this one! Yummy! čÖé