Jump to recipe
Avocado Salsa Grilled Chicken
Weekend Grilling Food that will make your neighbors wish they were eating with YOU…so invite EVERYONE on over!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 4 fresh cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs.) 4 slices mozzarella, or swiss cheese (optional)
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- a small handful of fresh chopped basil, or cilantro
In a medium glass bowl whisk the honey, lemon juice, garlic, oil, sea salt and pepper.
Add the chicken, combine and coat well.
Marinate, refrigerated for about 30 minutes.
In a small bowl make the avocado salsa.
Add in the diced avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked throughout and tender.
Immediately top with mozzarella cheese and salsa.