Caprese Chicken Salad
Beautiful salads make a fresh daily reminder of the WHY behind your Clean Eating commitment. Reaching your goals is a lot easier when your meals look and taste this GOOD!
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 pound chicken breasts (about 2 large halved to make 4 fillets)
- 16-24 oz. mixed baby greens/spinach leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz mozzarella pearls
- 8 oz fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into halves on diagonal
- 3/4 cup quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp prepared Dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Rub the chicken with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Remove chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
In the same skillet, grill the asparagus for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness…keeping it crisp.
To make the Balsamic Dressing, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan, then reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring often. Cook until reduced in volume by half, about 8 minutes and just thick enough to coat the back of a woodrn spoon. Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients.
Toss spinach, asparagus, tomatoes and mozzarella in a large bowl. Top with chicken and drizzle with balsamic dressing.