Skillet Cilantro-Lime Chicken + Rice
#TacoTuesday Family Skillet Style! This makes a flavor packed meal any day of the week!Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders, cubed
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 sweet bell peppers, colors of choice, diced
- 4 small cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium, organic chicken broth
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 fresh tomatoes, including juice, diced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet, on medium/high heat.
Add the chicken season with sea salt and pepper and sauté for about 7 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Set chicken aside.
Add 1 more Tbsp of oil to the skillet. Add onion, garlic, peppers and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
Add in the chicken broth, lime fresh juice, beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
Add chicken back to the pan.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge in air-tight containers for a max of 5 days.