Jump to recipe
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
One of my all-time FAVORITE Summertime meals! Enjoy those ripe + local tomatoes!
This is SUCH a beautiful meal, prepare it for the ones you LOVE!!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets, cut into half lengthways
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 medium vine or heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- one bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded all natural Parmesan
Place the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. Add in 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Close the bag and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (overnight is best if time allows).
In a small bowl, combine diced onion, tomatoes, basil and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
Add sea salt and pepper to your taste. Toss well to combine then cover and set aside.
Take the chicken out of the fridge and let it sit for about 15 minutes to reach room temp.
Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to med-high.
Grill the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and tender.
Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan.
Set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta-tomato mixture.