One of my all-time FAVORITE Summertime meals! Enjoy those ripe + local tomatoes! ????????
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets, cut into half lengthways
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 medium vine or heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- one bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded all natural Parmesan
- Place the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. Add in 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Close the bag and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (overnight is best if time allows).
- In a small bowl, combine diced onion, tomatoes, basil and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive
- Add sea salt and pepper to your taste. Toss well to combine then cover and set aside.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and let it sit for about 15 minutes to reach room temp.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to med-high.
- Grill the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan.
- Set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta-tomato mixture and enjoy!
Rachel This is SUCH a beautiful meal, prepare it for the ones you LOVE