Lemony Shredded Brussels Sprouts
This recipe is ridiculously SIMPLE, totally beautiful, and just fancy enough for company….but I’ll bet you want to make it a lot more often just for yourself!Brussels sprouts often get a bad reputation due to the flavor and smell when overcooked, but there are so many health benefits that make Brussels a great superfood to include in our diets each week!This green vegetable has properties that can promote weight loss, aid in digestion, and potentially prevent heart disease and cancer. Makes about 4-5 servings
- 2.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, sliced or shredded in a food processor
- 1 lemon, juice AND zest
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp chili flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the oil and gently toss to combine well.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add Brussels sprouts to the hot pan and cook, stirring often for about 5-6 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!