Lemony-Layered Bean Salad
Chop it up quick & take it to your weekend parties + BBQ’s…the flavor is FANTASTIC! Makes about 4 servings
- 15 oz. black, or kidney beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 15 oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 15 oz. organic corn, I used frozen, thawed
- 4 fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 2 small, crisp green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chili flakes
- a small bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
In a large bowl, add in all the chopped veggies and beans.
Add oil, lemon juice and season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours for flavors to combine.
When ready to serve, gently combine and add more parsley/cilantro, and chili flakes to garnish.