This meal is happiness on A lazy winter night ❄⛄Makes about 6 servings
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut to 1 inch cubes (grass fed, if possible)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil)
- 1 cup organic red wine (optional)
- 2 cups beef, vegetable, or chicken broth + 1 more cup if not using wine
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp gluten free flour, or potato flour
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 12 oz organic carrots, chopped
- 1 pound small, new potatoes, cut in half
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sea salt and pepper the beef and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes in your hot oil.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine to the same skillet (med/high temp) and allow it to simmer and reduce.
- Whisk the flour separately first into the broth, then add that mixture to the skillet with the wine. Remove from heat, then whisk in the aminos, and tomato sauce.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Gently pour your red wine sauce from the skillet, over the top of the veggies into the slow cooker.
- Give it a stir, then cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 6-8.
- Garnish with fresh parley and ENJOY!