Tangy Shrimp Avocado Salad
It’s the perfect day for a flavorful-bright shrimp salad! Rich in Vitamin C, along with a healthy balance of good fats + protein = Clean Eating done right! Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2 fresh cobs or frozen, thawed)
- 6-8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- 1.5lbs lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsps cajun spice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, pressed
- good pinch of sea salt
- 6 Tbsps olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Place shrimp in a medium bowl, sprinkle with cajun spice, add garlic and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
Heat a large skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and shrimp. Sauté for about 2 minutes then flip shrimp over and sauté another minute or just until fully cooked through.
Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
Place the chopped romaine lettuce on a platter or bowl. Add remaining ingredients in rows over the top of your lettuce: chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, sliced cucumber, Cajun shrimp, avocado and corn.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro/parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over the shrimp avocado salad then toss to combine and serve.