Egg + Roasted Veggie Breakfast Boxes
For our Savory Breakfast lover’s…well…actually these are wonderful for a snack between meals, or even lunch or dinnertime as well!
Add 2 boiled eggs to each if you’re trying to increase your daily protein like I am!
This combo checks A LOT of our nutrient & fiber requirements, so it’s a SUPER smart choice for anyone! Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 Tbsps high-quality balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread out the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes evenly on the baking sheet.
Drizzle with oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Using your hands gently toss to coat everything well.
Roast in your preheated oven until golden brown and fork tender, for about 20-22 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Once boiling, use a large spoon to gently lower your eggs into the water.
Lower the heat to maintain a medium simmer and set a timer for 8-12 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
Prepare an ice bath and immediately once the timer has finished, using a spoon, take the eggs and dip them in the icy water bath for about 3 minutes. This is the best trick to having perfectly cooked, easy to peel, boiled eggs!
To assemble the bowls, divide your roasted veggies equally among four glass containers; top each with ½ cup baby spinach and 1 peeled egg.
Drizzle each Bowls veggies with 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I love a pinch of red pepper flakes too!
Refrigerate in airtight containers for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
How Long To Boil PERFECT Eggs?!
- For very soft-boiled eggs: 4 minutes
- For slightly soft-boiled eggs: 5 minutes
- For custardy yet firm soft-boiled eggs: 6 minutes
- For creamy hard-boiled eggs: 7 minutes
- For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 8 minutes
- For very firm hard boiled eggs: 9 minutes