Super Fast and Easy Chicken Avocado Egg Salad for Eating Clean!
Here’s a SUPER quick, protein-packed, chopped salad recipe to use up any leftover roasted chicken (or turkey).
This dressing is light, creamy, & tangy, so it dresses up the simple ingredients perfectly!
I REALLY love the crunch of celery, and onions in these types of salads, so go ahead and add more if you like it too!
This salad is best eaten within 24 hours, so if you’re not serving it right away, then put it in the fridge and don’t forget about it!
Makes 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados—peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/8 teaspoon each
In a small glass bowl, whisk your yogurt with oil, mustard, vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Taste test and adjust to your preference.
In a large serving bowl add the chicken, avocado, celery, onion and eggs. Pour your dressing over and gently toss to combine.
Season with sea salt to your taste and crack some fresh black pepper over top.