Jump to recipe
Sprinkle your salmon with sea salt and pepper, then rub it in on both sides. Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
Simple Salmon Piccata
A super IMPRESSIVE Sunday Dinner idea that is pretty darn easy to make!
If you’ve been a friend of CFC for a while, you probably know that piccata has my heart as THE ULTIMATE “nicer” meal idea for “date-night in”, Sunday dinner, company, or holidays.
It’s just my fave!
So it’s about time that I added my FAVORITE salmon piccata onto the site!
This entire meal can come together in under a half an hour, but you’ll receive praise as if you just cooked for HOURS!
I typically only make this dish when I’m perusing the meat & seafood counters and notice wild-caught salmon is on SALE….then it’s on!
Serve over rice, with a side of roasted broccoli.Makes 4 servings
- 4, 5 or 6-ounce wild-caught salmon fillets
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 Tbsps ghee, or clarified grass-fed butter
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour or potato starch
- 4 Tbsps capers
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- zest of 1 small fresh lemon
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- additional fresh lemon slices to garnish