Fiesta Honey + Lime Kale Salad
Betcha never thought of this combo before now. AND it’s seriously one of the TASTIEST ways to eat kale EVER. Throw it together tonight! Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups baby kale, stalks removed & coarsely chopped, packed well
- 14 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup organic corn kernels
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeds removed, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsps avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
Add kale to a large bowl.
Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
Pour the dressing over kale and gently massage the leaves using your hands. This makes the kale better/tastier/easier to eat!
Add in beans, corn, diced onion, bell peppers, avocado, tomato and jalapeño .
Gently toss to combine and serve.