15 Minute Skillet Chicken Fajitas
DELICIOUS Food Prep idea for the #NewWeek!
Clean Eating made SIMPLE!Makes 6 servings
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp cayenne peppers
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of a fresh lemon
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- fresh lime wedges for serving
In a large bowl combine the chicken with oil and all the spices. Toss the chicken until coated well.
Preheat a 12-inch skillet over high heat.
When the skillet is hot add the chicken and cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Add the sliced peppers, onion, and lemon juice.
Sauté the peppers and onions for about 4 minutes or until they are golden and have softened slightly.
Add in the cooked brown rice, and mix well.
Cook everything for another minute then serve immediately with fresh lime wedges.
Serve fajitas immediately or make it in a big batch and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.