Jump to recipe
Fish Tacos with Limey Mango Cabbage Slaw
Our Limey Cabbage Slaw with fresh Mango and Red Chilies are COMPLETELY DROOL inducing food!
These Fish Tacos turn out EXCELLENT with any white fish or shrimp you happen to have on hand, so try this recipe using several different types of fish to find YOUR favorite.
My personal favorite is halibut, so when I find it on sale, I’ll grab a few filets for fish taco night!
The purple cabbage marinates in the lime and sea salt for a few minutes, which helps break it down a bit so that it’s more tender and super flavorful.
Sometimes I’ll add a dollop of fresh-made guacamole to the top… so consider adding guac ingredients to your shopping list, too!
Makes 4 servings
- 8 small sprouted tortillas
- 1 lb. wild-caught halibut, cod, or tilapia
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper or taste
- 3 cups very thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 large, ripe mango, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsps chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper or to taste
- fresh lime wedges for serving