Jump to recipe
French Onion-Chicken Skillet 🧅
I often say we can never have enough GOOD chicken recipes as we tend to lean towards chicken quite often at our house.
Well, this one is SO GOOD that it just might be promoted as one of your new go-to weekly dishes…
My family absolutely loves this recipe! Of course, they love anything flavorful and covered in melty cheese 😉
This French Onion-Chicken is ultra-comforting and super satisfying, so I hope you try it out this week!
I served our chicken alongside steamed broccoli and cooked brown rice.
This French Onion-Chicken makes for a great meal prep idea as well. Store in sealed containers for up to 4 days in the fridge.
➡️ Rachel’s tips:
Since there are only a few simple ingredients used here, I really recommend using the absolute freshest, highest quality ingredients you can get your hands on…it makes all the difference.
Freshly grated cheese from a block will melt the best because pre-grated cheese is coated in preservatives that interfere with the natural melting capability of cheese.
We’ve got CFC recipes to for a few of these ingredients:
Also, try our French Onion Soup.
- 2 Tbsps grass-fed butter, ghee, or clarified butter
- 2 extra-large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef bone broth, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot powder or GF flour
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp homemade Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheese (like gruyere, mozzarella, white cheddar, or Monterey jack)
- fresh herbs as garnish if desired, such as thyme or parsley