Jump to recipe..
Garden-Fresh Green Bean Salad
I made this Salad to go alongside baked Salmon tonight.
This recipe is a Food Network recipe that receives 5 stars. I changed it up a bit to make it a little healthier, and it is AMAZING!!!
Your family will lick their plates!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound French or regular FRESH green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive, or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Boil a large stock pot of lightly sea salted water. Add the green beans and boil until tender crisp, 2 minutes. Immediately place beans in ice water bath. Drain well, pat dry and place the beans in a large mixing bowl.
Combine with the feta cheese (if using), tomatoes and red onions.
Toast the almonds in a small skillet, 2 minutes.
Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic and a little salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the green beans and sprinkle with almonds.
Let marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving cold.