There is literally a foot of snow on the ground here in Salt Lake City, all fresh within the past 36 hours…it’s beautiful.
A Bright Salad is just as welcome at my house in December as it is in the Summer (especially with the name California!)
Ingredients for the salad:
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped (or spinach or lettuce of choice)
- 2 cups Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 1/2 a medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, cubed
- Sliced fresh cucumber
- 2 large Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts, cooked and sliced
Arrange salad ingredients on plates.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Instructions:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Zest not rind of 1 fresh lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (I use a lot of pepper for these!)
- Combine marinade ingredients, pour over chicken & coat well, either in a glass bowl or Ziploc.
- Let marinate for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove, let sit on counter for 20 minutes.
- Sauté in about 1/2 Tbsp additional oil on med/high for about 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Wrap in foil to keep moisture in while arranging salad
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cored
- 2 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 Tbsps unsweetened milk, as needed
- Add all dressing ingredients except for milk to a food processor.
- Pulse until blended, scraping sides often.
- Add in milk 1 Tbsp at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment Below:
Related Posts :
Tags: california cobb salad recipe, California cobb strawberry salad, clean eating meals, creative salads, fresh salad, gluten free meals, home cooking, homemade avocado ranch dressing recipe, lemon pepper chicken recipe, new salad ideas, strawberry salad recipe