Jump to recipe
Healthier Cauliflower Gratin
Thanksgiving is SO CLOSE!
Although it’s technically happening later this year, it still seems it snuck up on us…wasn’t it just July?!
Are you busy planning your menu?
We have Holiday Side Dishes GALORE to post for you this week!
Keep a close watch on the CFC accounts because you’re not going to want to miss a single post!
This Cauliflower Gratin is for people who adore cauliflower (like me!) and although it’s still very decadent and super creamy, we have made a few slight healthier swaps from our Grandmothers Gratins of holidays past.
You may use ANY milk for this recipe, just make sure it’s unsweetened. Cashew milk is wonderful, almond milk keeps things light and right, cow’s milk totally works if that’s your thing.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 large (3 lbs.) cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, chopped and cooked (optional)
- 2 Tbsps ghee
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot starch
- 1 large finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- olive oil, or avocado oil cooking spray
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste