5 Layer Bean Dip
It’s time for a brand NEW spin on Bean Dip!
The PERFECT Party appetizer! Double or triple this recipe to feed a big group…aka: keep everyone HAPPY! aka: Crowd Control.
Stays great in the fridge for a few hours, it’s nice to make this dip ahead of time so you can enjoy your guests once they arrive!
We enjoy this served hot or cold! Your choice!Makes about 4 servings
- 1 (15oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter, or ghee
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 slices of nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- thinly sliced green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- Corn tortilla chips (I LOVE @JacksonsHonest Brand), cucumber slices, or celery sticks to serve