- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 stalks crisp celery, chopped small
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 small apples, cut in half
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 cups organic grapes, rinsed and air dried well
- 4 packs oatmeal, or whole wheat crackers
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sear on both sides, making sure you season it as desired.
- Cook until golden brown, and no longer pink in the inside (usually around 4 minutes per side depending on thickness), then transfer to your cutting board and allow meat to rest, and cool for a couple of minutes before chopping.
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully chop your cooked chicken breast into small cubes as shown.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onions, golden raisins, cashews, yogurt, lemon juice, honey and curry powder.
- Stir well to combine well, then taste and adjust seasonings as you desire. (I usually like a bit more lemon and curry powder...but that's just me!)
- Divide your chicken salad equally among 4 clean glass food prep/bento type containers, then add in some extras like half an apple (place a thin lemon slice on the cut side of the apple to keep it from browning), clean grapes and oatmeal crackers (keep the crackers unopened in a bag to avoid getting soggy).
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com