Creamy Potato Salad
Picnics, boating, beaching, BBQ’S or a family reunion potluck is just not complete without a bowl of traditional homemade potato salad, so let’s update the traditional a bit…I think it’s about time!
Our Creamy Potato Salad with Greek yogurt and fresh herbs skips out on the mayo while keeping that creamy fresh flavor!
The BEST potatoes for a potato salad are waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold, or Red Potatoes that hold up once they’re cooked, and keep a firm texture when you chop them up and stir them into your salad.Makes about 4-5 servings
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 4 slices of nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled