Jump to recipe..
Honey Lemon Chicken
Easy + Delicious Lemon Chicken is something I just can’t get enough of!
Nothing too fancy, just saucy lemon chicken cooked in one pan, with SIMPLE ingredients.
This is still one of my favorite meals!
Serve with a side of broccoli or green beans, maybe brown rice or quinoa, and WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter/ghee, or unrefined coconut oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed whole
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- juice & the zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- freshly chopped parsley or basil
- additional lemon slices for garnish
Melt butter/ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season your chicken with sea salt and pepper on both sides, then sauté until golden browned and juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Remove your chicken from skillet, then set aside and cover.
In that same preheated skillet, add crushed garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute, over medium, just until fragrant.
Pour in your chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Add in your honey, lemon juice + zest, and gluten-free flour, then whisk briskly until the flour is well incorporated.
Continue to simmer and stir until your sauce thickens a bit, then return chicken to your skillet and spoon some sauce on top. Cook another minute until just heated through.
Remove from heat, and sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
Serve with asparagus, green beans, or broccoli and quinoa or brown rice.
Spoon sauce over everything, and enjoy!