Honey-Lime Shrimp + Grilled Corn Salad
The flavors in this salad are AMAZING! Perfect Summertime meal!
Enjoy the summertime with your new Clean Eating Lifestyle!
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh, organic corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 1.5 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 1.5 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, seeds removed
For the Honey-lime Dressing:
- 2 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps raw honey
- 2 small fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Place a grill basket on an outdoor grill and heat to medium heat.
Place the corn in the grill basket and cook until lightly charred, occasionally tossing.
In a medium bowl, add the shrimp with the oil and then add smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
Transfer the cooked corn to a large bowl. Lightly grease the grill and then place the shrimp on.
Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Add shrimp to the corn bowl.
Add in the tomato, avocado, cilantro and jalapeño. Gently combine.
In a small glass bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the salad, and very gently toss to combine.