Season your potatoes with oregano, thyme, sea salt and black pepper, drizzle oil on top.
Irish inspired Potato Nachos (healthier version)
Celebrate St. Patrick’s day with your own LOADED Irish Pub Style Nachos!
Crispy baked potato slices, loaded up with all your favorite stuff (aka: bar food) recreated in your own kitchen!
While these are not traditional Irish fare, they sure are a popular North American Irish restaurant/pub offering that we all seem to LOVE!
So pull out the ingredients, and treat your family to this classic recipe in your own kitchen tonight.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 vine tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, scallions, or parsley leaves