Italian Chicken Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Savory + Sweet =
- 6 cups mixed lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup small fresh mozzarella, chopped or balls
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breast, cut to bite size pieces
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste to taste
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp oil, chicken and season with dried Italian herbs, and generously with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken bites are tender and golden on the sides.
In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients: whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey until nice and smooth.
Add all the salad dressing to a large bowl, top with chicken bites.
Toss to combine and serve immediately.