Jump to recipe
Kale Apple Salad
This Salad is ABSOLUTELY CRAVEABLE 💯 Just wait until you taste the zesty homemade dressing with the sour green apples and sweet kale + cranberries. It’s a perfect combination!
So maybe you’re thinking “I haven’t had the best experience preparing kale at home…”
Here’s my solution and tips to fix that!
Massaging raw kale transforms it from a tough, bitter leaf into a sweet, delicate, and delicious salad.
Add your cleaned, air/pat-dried and chopped kale leaves to a large glass bowl along with the dressing (including sea salt and pepper) then ‘Massage’ (think of the motion used to rub someone’s shoulders… get your hands in there!) kale for about 4 minutes, or until leaves are sweet and tender.
Many health food stores and Amazon carry apple juice sweetened dried cranberries if you’d rather skip the added cane sugar found in many varieties.
- 6 cups torn fresh kale leaves, stems removed,
- 1 rib celery, finely sliced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 2 Tbsps white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced